[Arm-netbook] micro desktop

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu May 29 20:55:17 BST 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/micro_desktop/news/
>>
>> as promised the micro desktop is being developed, news and features on the
>> page.
>>
>> l.
>

> What voltage is the power input?

 it iiiis aaaaaa.... RT8288A so that's a buck converter, input
anywhere between 4.5V and 26V, and it's tuned with 2 resistors to
create 5.0v.  it's about 75% efficient or so according to the
datasheet.

 so luckily, 5V or 12V input PSU it really won't care.  the caution
about the 2 different plugs appreciated, but i have already done the
part and i know it takes time to redo them and find suitable
replacements and the suppliers and so on, and i'm not hugely keen on
going through that again right now.

 i think a good voltage range is enough to be getting on with: the PSU
only needs to be 10W so i think we're good.