[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun May 25 20:26:11 BST 2014

> Luke can always add a USB-to-SATA IC in the MEB, and the MEB will have SATA.

FWIW, for my own use (mostly low-power servers, running 24/7),
SATA-via-USB is a non-starter because my experience has always been that
these are not nearly as reliable as true SATA.  Second problem is the
usual poor support for things like S.M.A.R.T or control of
spin-down-when-idle.  For my use case the performance difference has
never been a show-stopper (after all, I lived with a wl-700ge as one of
those servers until fairly recently), but of course in many cases it can
be yet another deal-breaker.

        Stefan