[Arm-netbook] EOMA - Open Specification?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sun May 25 19:20:34 BST 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 12:13:54PM -0400, Jonathan Frederickson wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Boris Barbour <barbour at biologie.ens.fr> wrote:
> > Actually, I would hope (and believe) that any properly compliant
> > implementation (open drivers!) would be able to use the EOMA name/trademark.
>
> I would hope so as well, but this seems counter to Luke's recent statements.
>
> > Regarding the rest of the kerfuffle, Aaron's KDE tablet software is very
> > likely to end up on any hardware made as it seems to have quite an advanced
> > touch interface. I also guess he would be happy with that and only tried to
> > get the tablet hardware going because he wants to see his software used
> > (rather than to get rich) and there was nothing suitable available.
>
> Yes, Plasma Active development is continuing, as far as I can tell.
> It'll run on lots of things, but (as with many mobile Linux OSes)
> doesn't currently have hardware sold with it preloaded. (I personally
> have it running on my Nexus 7.)

So what do I need to have a truly open platform (AGPLv3 case specification,
derived from http://q3u.be/patent/q3ube/ ) run the Plasma Active software?

Can this software be adapted to have a functional interface when using an
HDMI tv as the display? Or does it require a touchscreen?

FYI, I have a Schematic in Kicad based on the imx233 currently.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash