[Arm-netbook] EOMA - Open Specification?

Jonathan Frederickson silverskullpsu at gmail.com
Sun May 25 17:13:54 BST 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Boris Barbour <barbour at biologie.ens.fr> wrote:
> Actually, I would hope (and believe) that any properly compliant
> implementation (open drivers!) would be able to use the EOMA name/trademark.

I would hope so as well, but this seems counter to Luke's recent statements.

> Regarding the rest of the kerfuffle, Aaron's KDE tablet software is very
> likely to end up on any hardware made as it seems to have quite an advanced
> touch interface. I also guess he would be happy with that and only tried to
> get the tablet hardware going because he wants to see his software used
> (rather than to get rich) and there was nothing suitable available.

Yes, Plasma Active development is continuing, as far as I can tell.
It'll run on lots of things, but (as with many mobile Linux OSes)
doesn't currently have hardware sold with it preloaded. (I personally
have it running on my Nexus 7.)