[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 20 21:32:45 BST 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Boris Barbour <barbour at biologie.ens.fr> wrote:

> On 20/05/14 21:56, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>
>>   ... please put your name down on the list at the preorders page, so
>> that when it happens - once i have enough money to get the prototypes
>> done without relying on other people - it's possible to let you know.
>

> Done, although for some reason it appears as a separate page

 ... if you go one level down you will see the complete list.

> rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/orders/boris
> rather than on the main list. Basically, I'm up for anything that can make a
> working product without too much construction or hacking. Amounts are
> advisory - I'd be excited if it really could work.
>
> I guess a mini-fanless-desktop would be least bother to design (in fact, is
> there anything to do?).

 not a lot - i have the design already done as a 1st prototype.
   http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/mini_desktop/news/

> I wonder if it would be possible to repurpose older laptop cases.

 that's one of the ideas that's been considered, although it is a hell
of a lot of work.  apart from anything, as the bloom laptop team found
out it takes two professors and an entire team of students *over two
hours* to work out how to disassemble standard laptops into their 140+
constituent parts.