[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 20 20:56:08 BST 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Boris Barbour <barbour at biologie.ens.fr> wrote:

> On 20/05/14 21:16, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>
>>   we achieved that 100% debugging and validation phase back in i think
>> it was october of last year.
>>
>>   so we are talking about fully-tested, fully working hardware that is
>> ready to go into larger production runs for clients.
>

> Sorry - I didn't realise it had progressed quite that far.

 yes!   that's why we entered into an agreement with aaron's company
that they would order 2500 units.

> It's a crying shame how difficult it is to find arm laptops (also tablets
> and of course phones) to run debian* without jumping through hoops.

 ... and with the eoma idea, it's not just solved once and can be
inserted into multiple devices and *still* you only had the porting to
do just the once, but also the kernel infrastructure needed to support
multiple devices actually makes it easier to port to the next CPU card
as well.

> The
> chromebooks show that it is entirely possible, but there are always driver
> problems, you can't install natively, etc. I really like the eoma idea.
>
> Anyway, I'd be a customer of the first products.

 ... please put your name down on the list at the preorders page, so
that when it happens - once i have enough money to get the prototypes
done without relying on other people - it's possible to let you know.