[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 19 17:21:13 BST 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:

> If there was late help from extra individuals marketing and promoting
> eoma-* standard devices like Improv and there were magically the number
> of pre-orders needed would it be possible to resume makeplaylive being a
> client? I expect they are stuffed when they can't even mention eoma-68!

 well the problem is that they didn't keep us informed of numbers, as
they came in.  we therefore lost face with our large client (the
factory in china) because we had to give them excuses instead of an
order that was promised.

 four months in, after asking many many times we find that they had
10% of expected orders, which they could have informed us of within
the first 4 weeks not after 4 months.

 after apologising deeply to our embarrassed factory, whom we had gone
to extraordinary lengths to arrange an order of only 2500 units (they
normally deal with minimum 10 to 50k runs, their machines have a
capacity of 20 million units a week so this is a huge favour they were
doing us), we found an alternative factory, on very short notice, who
could do 500 units of the PCBs.

 ... three weeks later, complete silence..

 my business partner has therefore permanently crossed them off of our
client list - he was very pissed.  i don't have control over what
decisions he makes.

> It's just, I've been trying to work on my Operation: Marketing (Op:Mark)
> but with this sad news I've not sure which direction to go.

 if we receive orders, we can place the order with the factory.
everything is set up for that.

> http://rhombus-tech.net/op:marketing

 thanks alexander - i'll take a look.