[Arm-netbook] DTB for eoma-a20 pc?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jun 27 15:03:29 BST 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>  it actually needs dynamic creation based on:
>>  * a "base" DTB
>>  * kernel-time detection of the I2C EEPROM
>>  * reading of a board-specific DTB file from the I2C EEPROM
>>  * merging of the "base" DTB with the board-specific DTB.
>
> The two middle points could be done by u-boot, since u-boot already
> adjusts the kernel's dtb in many cases (e.g. to provide the amount of
> RAM available).

 ah!  good point.  and... wait... hang on... *thinks*.... there are
circumstances where suspend, unplug, resume...

 ... no, it really does have to be handled by the kernel - hopefully
u-boot would not need to do much (if anything).

 ok, first suggestion: wookie, would you be happy to do  the "base"
DTB, basically set up a DTB which is in effect booting the CPU Card
from USB-OTG, with UART, USB, Ethernet and RGB/TTL LCD enabled?
ignore GPIO (they can change).