[Arm-netbook] eoma and qimod

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 14:06:51 BST 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-24 at 12:20 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> >>  oo.  i have a partially-completed layout for a tablet in blender, all
> >> the components have "parts"representing them - touchscreen etc - it
> >> needs the "outside" making.  any takers?
> >
> > I got 4 printers - one of them formlabs.
> > I'm very proficient at openscad parametric design now as well.
> > If you are open sourcing it, drop the files somewhere and I
> > get it printed.
>
>  it needs completing.  there's no actual case, just the parts that go
> *in* the case (including touchscreen) so that the case can be made
> around them properly without screwing up.

? I'm not sure what that means.

The easiest option for me then is to take one of a numerous
number of tablets I got, strip it down and do an openscad parametric
design and release it fully GPL'd after making sure it can be 3D
printed. Anyone can then make their own cases.
The reverse side will be split into two like a pair of shutters.
The shutters are interchangeable - make one a keyboard, and the other
a flat wireless charger coil. Alternatively have both replaced
by solar cells. I already purchase the solar cells (0.1mm thick
and damn fragile!). All parametric so any size ARM netbook/tablet
screen size, bezel size, battery size ready to accommodate and print.