[Arm-netbook] eoma and qimod

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 11:05:56 BST 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-22 at 09:54 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> well,
>
> i must apologise to everyone, the effect that the situation with aaron

In reality you can't now be sure any of it is Aaron's fault.
Over the years if you follow his story, he's had it harder than you have
with the same subversive crap.

And now you begin to wonder what I meant when I said the pole was
greased from two different directions:

Wed, 4 Jun 2014:

 Rest easy. Pressures being what they are from the subversive
 Bill Goatse's of this world, have to plan.
 Greased the pole from two directions with fully GPL'd
 sub projects already! :)

 http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html  alternative in full KiCAD
 should failure became an option for whatever reason. Anyone can
 run with alternative should they see fit.

 http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html  the Linux images
 are interchangeable with cubieboard2 so developers can continue
 even if EOMAs are not physically available to hand.

 The final jigsaw is a fully GPL'd openscad based case designs for
 tablet, netbooks, panel computer, and match box sized gadget.
 Got me four 3D printers to address that soon enough.

 (Robust fully GPL'd applications have also been pencilled in
 though those require a lot more free time to get things going
 at this moment in time.)

FYI, I got costs - about $50 for EOMA-68 with the 2GB RAM
and extra FPC connector but that comes with a 2000 MOQ lead
balloon for the PCMCIA case because those cases are not
made in China - they are made in Taiwan.
Ping off list for details.

So, Aaron/Luke, et al, stop trolling us with your sad stories
of losers stealing all your money. There is plenty of money
and resources around for this project. Just need to ask.
Just need the focus to get it together into working projects.
That be why my handle on #arm-netbook is "focus".
If an EOMA can launch with KDE plasma, then as a company
we could certainly use it which is were all my focus is on
at present.
(For me, its the time that I'm short of to help out with.)