[Arm-netbook] ARM device - compiling linux software

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 17:05:55 BST 2014

On 21/06/2014 15:57, peter green wrote:
> Michael Howard wrote:
>>
>> Well I did give the Wandboard Quad a shot (unfortuantely). Not
>> impressed I'm afraid to say.
>>
>> Sound support sucks badly (except for hdmi which at least works, but
>> of no real use to me), they are flakey (heat issues?) , tried two of
>> them actually. I could live with the heat issue but not the lack of
>> audio for my current project.
> Sorry I should have been clearer, when I said I liked them I meant I
> liked them as build boxes. I haven't tested them in other contexts so
> I cant comment on the behaviour of hardware outside that used on a
> build box. I have heard the IMX makes a lot more heat if you start
> pushing the GPU than it does in CPU bound tasks.

No need to be sorry, I asked for opinion and you gave it, for that I'm
grateful. Furthermore, my question was aimed at build boxes and I'm sure
I'll use them for that if the ebay monster doen't get them first.

The flakiness appears under general heay build workload scenario,
outside of a case. With a usb fan directly applied things improved
significantly.

Cheers,
Mike