[Arm-netbook] ARM device - compiling linux software

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Sun Jun 15 00:47:39 BST 2014

Michael Howard wrote:

>> If so, how/what do you think of the Radxa mini board on thes matters?
>> What is your opinion?
>> It looks cheaper than the Wandboard?
>> http://radxa.com/specification/
>>
> Does look neat and yes, does appear to be cheaper. Might take a punt
> on one actually, see if it cuts the mustard. Thanks for pointing it out.
My concerns would be

1: it doesn't have SATA so you'd have to hook up your storage over USB
which in my experiance tends to be less robust
2: what is the kernel support like? is it supported in mainline? if not
does somone do a decent job of keeping up with linux development or will
it be stuck on an outdated vendor kernel forever?
3: are the chip and board solid and reliable?