[Arm-netbook] Doubt about USB in EOMA-68.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jun 13 14:11:39 BST 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Miguel Garcia <gacuest at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  ... which is exactly why it won't change.  basically once the first
>> hardware is out, the spec is "nailed" for ... well... forever.  which
>> is why it's good to have caught the things we have in the past couple
>> of months.
>
> So we have to use the first USB (20, 21, 54, 55, 30 and 64) for a
> external USB 3.0 port,

 typically base boards would put a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 hub down
*IF THEY WANTED TO*.

 if however the designers of base boards wanted to do a simpler
lower-power lower-cost board that did not need USB3 or was not
expecting to have high-speed peripherals etc. then you could ignore
the 3.0 lines entirely and put a 0.5 watt power supply IC down.

> and use the second USB (34 and 68) to connect
> internally (by a HUB USB IC) the WIFI, the BT, the USB IC audio...

 yeahhh pretty much.  or 3G modems and the like.  keyboards. mice.
anything where you can expect it to be low-ish speed.

> Is that better?

 yeah.