[Arm-netbook] ARM device - compiling linux software

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Jun 10 20:36:37 BST 2014

>  ian's committing debian-installer support soon for a number of
> devices.  the cubietruck is one of them.  sata already in,
> sdcard next.

The vanilla kernel already supports sata, usb, ethernet, and sdcard, and
in my experience these work very well (actually, I haven't tried the
ethernet with the vanilla kernel, the problems I had with Gbit ethernet
were with the 3.4 kernel).

There's further code available (in the process of being merged) for
NAND, IR, and a few more things.

OTOH if you need something like audio/video/OTG, you need to use the
sunxi-3.4 kernel which uses a fairly different codebase (uses
Allwinner's own replacement for device-tree, for example).

        Stefan