[Arm-netbook] ARM device - compiling linux software

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 06:37:47 BST 2014

On 07/06/2014 03:34, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Have used cubietruck, seems to struggle with swapping, badly.
> Hmm... haven't had any such problem.
On one particular cmake build it hits 99% memory usage immediately, then
eats up all the sway you throw at it and eventually gives up :)
Not all the cubietrucks fault no doubt.
>> As you say, mainline support is not good and is obviously part of the
>> swapping issue I experienced.
> I've had some trouble with the gigabit ethernet (solved by forcing it
> back to 100Mb/s), but other than that what's supported worked well.
> The "not great" was more about the lack of support of various elements
> (e.g. nand flash, OTG, audio, video, wifi) rather than the quality of that
> which is supported.

Yes, the gig ethernet is dire but the cubie truck is no alone there. I
found no problem with the video (vga & hdmi) or audio but those are not
that much of interest for the task in hand.

Cheers,
Mike.