[Arm-netbook] ARM device - compiling linux software

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Fri Jun 6 14:52:58 BST 2014

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I'm using a cubietruck (Allwinner A20 with dual A7 cores).  Works well
> as well, though it's clearly less powerful cpu-wise.  I liked its SATA
> support better than the Wandboard's (basically, it provides 2'5" SATA
> power as well, so you avoid the need for an external power supply).

MMM, personally I just grabbed a 5V 3A power brick from the junk box and
added a SATA power connector so it could run both board and drive. Runs
fine though the PSU does get rather hot (I suspect this is because it's
not a very high quality PSU)

But I could see it being a pain for those who can't solder.