[Arm-netbook] ARM device - compiling linux software

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Fri Jun 6 12:27:43 BST 2014

Michael Howard wrote:
> Looking for another ARM device to assist in software builds, has
> anybody got any recommendations for a capable board/device available
> in the UK?
I like the wandboard quad myself, able to run debian armmp kernels,
seems to be reasonablly stable (i've been running the autobuilders for
raspbian jessie on them for a while with only occasional crashes which I
half suspect are due to my use of btrfs), has an a9 quad core processor,
2GB ram, SATA and serial console (full RS232 levels too so no need to
mess arround with level shifters). I'm not aware of any UK stockists but
mouser ship quickly and handle all the VAT/customs BS from their end so
there are no nasty financial surprises on delivery.

http://uk.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Wandboard/WBQUAD/?qs=cF9QIdCP5siVNjY/ywrBAA==

Other imx6q products like the cubox-i series are probablly similar but I
don't have personal experiance with them.