[Arm-netbook] OT: Scurvy Legend (was: Re: EOMA68-A20 interface redesign)

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Sun Jun 1 22:34:37 BST 2014

Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:
>
>> [...] it's an urban legend.
>>

> Bingo. When *I* heard of it, it was institution-nonspecific, and it
> referred to a fellow who ate nothing but ramen (super cheap instant
> noodles, if you're outside the States) for an entire semester. Not to
> mention that, after an entire semester of Nissin (or Maruchan if you prefer
> it), his sodium levels would've given the Atlantic Ocean a run for its
> money -- that crap is hardly anything but salt and simple
> carbohydrates...

Ah right, that made it worth looking up:

  http://www.snopes.com/college/horrors/scurvy.asp

The cited version at the start there is pretty much exactly the version
I heard, with the addition of the detail that he was supposed to be
frying the porridge stored in he chest of drawers, which is a nice touch
given that it's supposed to be a Scot ;-)

Cheers, Phil.
|-|  HANDS.COM Ltd.                    http://ftp.uk.debian.org/