[Arm-netbook] http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68#Table_of_EOMA-68_pinouts

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 25 20:33:19 BST 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Miguel Garcia <gacuest at gmail.com> wrote:
> I visited the following page:
> http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68#Table_of_EOMA-68_pinouts
>
> I have seen that you have removed LCD Pixel Data bit 0, LCD Pixel Data
> bit 1, LCD Pixel Data bit 8, LCD Pixel Data bit 9, LCD Pixel Data bit
> 16 and LCD Pixel Data bit 17. Does this have any effect on the LCD?

 honestly, not a lot.  if it was only 5 bits per pixel then yes it
would start to be clearly visible as 5 bpp is only 32 shades.  6 bits
is 64 shades per colour.

> I saw you added * 43 POWER#. Would this be for the power button?

 yyup.

>> heck of a lot going on, it is ironic that about four really good CPU
>> cards should all come out pretty much at the same time...
>
> In my opinion, you only need a EOMA-68 with high features (like
> Allwinner A80 or similar) for hardcore users and the whole market
> would be covered.

 yes but the A80 has PowerVR and if you have any sense don't touch it
with a 10ft barge pole.  i'll be waiting for the A70 which i hear is
their planned pin-compatible quad-core with MALI.

 i really want an intel soc but it is going to need a 14nm to make any
sense.  even the 22nm latest intel SoCs are too power-hungry.