[Arm-netbook] Completely Different Markets - Dev Boards Or Improvise Boards

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jul 7 21:08:13 BST 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:

> eoma-* is not a dev board. you can _make_ dev boards from eoma-*.
> devboards like hummingboard is only, is just for you diy robot.
> eoma-68/cf is for your work & play & make. for most of your computing
> needs in a human life. completely different markets.

 one of the key goals is to reduce the cost of ownership of the main
part of a portable modular computer because you can just go down to
the local shop, buy an off-the-shelf CPU Card and then use that as the
basis for a cool electronics project.... but then when you're done
with that go and sell it on ebay to grandma or a teenager for them to
put android back on it and use it to run their laptop, tablet or their
TV.  you cannot tell me that this is even a remote possibility for
SOMs.