[Arm-netbook] AllWinner A31 and PowerVR Driver Development Kit

Jean-Luc Aufranc cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Thu Jan 16 15:32:51 GMT 2014

Somebody from Imagination Technologies left a comment on my blog:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/01/10/a80-optimusboard-features-allwinner-octa-core-big-little-soc/#comment-147660

The part related to this mailing list is:

"Secondly, the links below contain DDK (Driver Development Kit) source
packages distributed through our customers:

Rhombus Tech (1.10 onwards)

http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=linux.git;a=tree;f=modules/eurasia_km;hb=1636bffddc2832b4574a80324e362742fb2ecd7d
"

This repo points to something called eurasia_km for A31 Android 4.2.
This is clearly related to the PowerVR GPU A31, but I don't really
understand what can be done with this source. Would it be possible to
use it with a Linux distribution, or the binary part still relies on the
Android drivers?

I've also seen Mele play 4K videos in Linux on AllWinner A31.

Does that mean a Linux port with GPU and VPU support is technically
feasible with what is available today?