[Arm-netbook] 7inch Tablet Layout suggestion

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 07:54:49 GMT 2014

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM, mike.valk at gmail.com
> <mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > L.S.
> >
> > Just put some thoughts to paper.
> >
> > http://imgur.com/a/z98zJ
> >
> > Just a mock-up, nothing thoroughly engineered
>
>  not bad though.  what you got that in - blender?

Sketchup, Have not made that many flight hours in blender to be fast enough.

>  i kinda like it.  it'd have a deliberately chunky feel, easy to hold.
>  thickness would be around 12mm, unless you left the back of the CPU
> card exposed (then you get about 2mm back).

Well I made a "window" gap. So you can see which card/battary is in it and
to help with heat dissipation

> > Notes:
> > 1. Make the battery exchangeable.
> > 2. Reuse cheap cellphone batteries (mass produced) in adapter sleeves.
> > 2. Make the network interface exchangeable.
> > 3. Make adapter sleeves for the most common cellphone batteries.
> >
> > Some benefits:
> > - Batteries have differing lifespans than screens/cpu's/network systems.
> > - Battery technology evolves rapidly.
> > - Every new cellphone has a different battery format. Cheap sleeves can
> be
> > made to accommodate the cheapest available battery.
> > - Wireless/Wired network technologies are abundand and evolve rapidly.
> > - The wifi dongle can be exchanged with a wired variant
> > - The wifi dongle can be exchanged with an new network technology bg/n/ac
> > 5ghz channels etc
> > - The wifi dongle can be exchanged with an roaming network service, 2G,
> > 2.5G, 3G, 4G.
> > - The wifi dongle does not need to be pre bundeled. User can choose
> his/hers
> > own
>
>  ... and all of those, being rather power-hungry

Did you mean the generic Wifi sticks or the cell-service sticks?

Because for the EOMA card we have to stick with the usb-wifi either
externally or internally.

> , if the battery is
> interchangeable as well then that's absolutely fine because people can
> consider carrying around a 2nd battery.  or get an "extended" one
> specially for those circumstances.
>
> > - The wifi dongle can be exchanged with a usb camera low or highend
>
>  true.  or usb memory stick.  etc.
>
> > The bottom USB slots can be used as a connector for charging stations,
> > docking stations, keyboard docks, dual screen, etc.
> >
> > P.S. It's been awfully quite around here.....
>
>  yeah i know.  we need people to place orders for CPU cards.  and quickly.

I had the idea lingering for weeks and finally found the time/energy to put
it work. So buying an eoma card is not really beneficial to me or you,
other than funding, at the moment. And I can afford to buy it as shelf
filling at the moment.

How about promoting it on the Sunxi mailinglist/wiki. They sprouted from
here so why not?