[Arm-netbook] http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/kde_tablet/news/

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 15:30:25 GMT 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 23:45 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> started on a first revision of the tablet casework, as a pyopenscad
> program, using a blender-exported STL as the "ghost" template to work
> out how the case should surround the parts.  it's done as layers so
> may either be made of wooden laminates or 3D printed and assembled
> using screws/bolts.

I got limited wood veneer about 1mm thick to make own laminate cut with
laser. Let me know where to download the dxf file (or whatever), to try
make something. My guess is that if its got curved surfaces, a wooden
mold would also have to be made from laminates to allow the laminates to
be clamped and set into their final shape.
(Veneer is dirt cheap but container shipment costs about double the
value of the contents inside.)