[Arm-netbook] Debian boots in 0.87 seconds

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 20:39:04 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 20:02 +0000, peter green wrote:

> > What about an open sourced script that can do this feat?
> > Everybody throws in their know how.
> >
> The problem is getting a fast boot time is really a matter of deciding
> what you can live without or at least start asyncronously after your
> main application has started, then ruthlessly optimising what is left
> for your specific case.
>
> So the result is a system that boots to a specific application very
> quickly but may be horriblly broken if the application or hardware used
> changes.

Idea:
(As a fan of Gambas I am led to believe its 1.5x faster than python.)
So a gambas GUI program with lots of visual basic like scripts
can cobble a workable configurable GUI per board
and then you would just check a list of features that must work,
and it goes off and creates an almighty bash script to hack
a fresh install of Debian down to its minimal innards.