[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 and EOMA-CF

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Apr 27 15:47:43 BST 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Miguel Garcia <gacuest at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  unfortunately the team behind Improv has not come up with the order.
>> QiMod Ltd will not be supplying them with product because the
>> relationship with the factory has been adversely affected.  we have
>> asked them to remove all mention of EOMA from their web site.
>>

> Bad news.

 no - just news.

> Does the development of the KDE-Tablet has been canceled?

 that is up to them.

> Does the development of the Plasma Active for EOMA-A20 has been
> canceled?

 that is up to our former client.

>>> Finally, how many EOMA-68-A20 need to be sold?
>>
>>  that depends on what people are prepared to pay.  from the experience
>> that we have had, we have however set a MOQ of 1k units.
>>
>>> How many EOMA-68-A20 have been sold?
>>
>>  the original 30 samples from the first batch.
>>

> Do you have plans to launch a development board as Improv to sell EOMA-68-A20?

 Improv is nothing to do with QiMod Ltd: they are (were) a client.

 once the people who have placed orders for Improvs have had their
money returned (many of whom were from the rhombus tech preorders
list) we will be able to offer them a board with a modified
(corrected) version of the Micro Engineering Board.