[Arm-netbook] Another ARM new baby on the market

Erix erixbzh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:17:36 BST 2014

Hi everybody,

what do you think of this new toy?
http://www.lemaker.org/

I must admit their communication is a bit "ambigious",
especially when they're talking about the Raspberry Pi compatibility..

if it's about pinout compatibility, I would say great.
but on some of their sentences/phrases, we could almost think
you could run the same "images" (sdcard) or binaries...
from the Raspberry Pi on their "Banana Pi"....

They're saying they support Debian, Ubuntu, Android (4.4) but they don't
give URL where to find all of these distros..

Caracteristics:
CPU A20 ARM® Cortex™-A7 Dual-Core
GPU ARM Mali400MP2 Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1
Memory (SDRAM) 1GB DDR3 (shared with GPU)

Onboard Storage SD (Max. 64GB) / MMC card slot UP to 2T on SATA disk

Onboard Network 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 (optional USB WIFI Dongle)

Camera Input A CSI input connector allows for the connection of a designed
camera module

Sound Input Mic

Video Outputs HDMI, CVBS , LVDS/RGB

Audio Output 3.5 mm Jack and HDMI

Power Source 5 volt via MicroUSB(DC In Only) and/or MicroUSB (OTG)

USB 2.0 Ports 2 (direct from Allwinner A20 chip)

Buttons Reset button: Next to MicroUSB connector

Power button: Next to Reset button

UBoot button (optional): Behind HDMI connector

GPIO(2X13) pin: GPIO,UART,I2C bus,SPI bus with two chip selects,
CAN bus,ADC,PWM,+3.3v,+5v,ground.

LED Power Status LED (Red)

Ethernet Status LED (Blue)

User Define LED (Green)

Remote IR

good things: LAN 10/100/1000, Sata, HDMI,  CVBS , LVDS/RGB, Camera...

Why not?
I saw the price around 57/60$ + delivery if I remember well.

Will see.

Bye bye for now
Regards
Erix