[Arm-netbook] MIPI?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Apr 10 10:48:46 BST 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 5:29 AM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> what does it mean for EOMA that small high res displays are switching to
> MIPI?

 if you look at the list of available LCDs on http://panelook.com, go
to "Advanced", select "MIPI" interface (top right), you see that on
the world's largest web site which lists LCD panels globally available
there are *only* 180 MIPI panels listed.  that's gone up in 1 year
from around 85 [gosh!!  a 100% increase! woooow :) ]

 by contrast if you select LVDS that number goes up to 1,900.

 if you select Parallel RGB (which automatically gives you all the
480x272, 800x600 and 640x480 LCDs) that number is over 700 LCDs.

 remember however that EOMA is *NOT* "a single standard".  EOMA68 is
targetted at one market, other EOMA standards are targetted at others.

 so once we get going (once there are some sales of the EOMA68-A20 CPU
Card) we will have the cash to fund "high end" prototype cards that
will take advantage of the MIPI / eDP standards.