[Arm-netbook] Ubuntu 13.04 Desktop Linux now running on EOMA68-A20

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 21:23:34 BST 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

>> hm...  the script.fex and the boot logs are here
>> http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html#lcd_lashup
>
>  the segfault - which clearly says it's a divide-by-zero error - will
> be what's stopping the lcd from even being initialised.
>
>  so normally where it would be making some checks / equations it's not
> getting to that point.
>
> [<c02fd384>] (BSP_disp_lcd_open_after+0x10c/0x614) from [<c02e0af8>] (DRV_lcd_o)
> [<c02e0af8>] (DRV_lcd_open+0xb4/0xc8) from [<c02e6428>] (Fb_Init+0xadc/0xe50)
>
> so, my advice: find that function, look at it, put some printk
> statements in and re-run it to see what's going on.
>
> --
>
> I grepped the code found the relevant bits a while ago and decided
> the registers were not taking the values in script.fex settings.

 "deciding" is not enough.  this is software engineering.  you cannot
just "decide".  as in *you* cannot just "decide".  you have to get the
*machine* to print out the values [or use a kernel-level debugger to
find out].

 you've been given standard software engineering debugging advice.
this standard software engineering debugging advice you will get no
matter _where_ you ask the question.

  follow the advice that i've given you else there is no further
assistance that i nor anyone else can give you.