[Arm-netbook] [flying squirrel] TODO list

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 09:17:40 BST 2013

On Sat, 2013-09-28 at 14:26 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * find out why the AXP209 is randomly shutting off (could be floating reset?)
>
>  *sigh* this turns out to be because (AGAIN) wits-tech did not...
> AGAIN ... tell us that they'd made changes which were NOT authorised,
> to the EOMA68-A20 CPU Card schematics.

The best way to deal with 'QA' issues to factories in Far East
is to say thank you for what you receive and request
changes to the board that puts right whatever is a problem.
This makes the whole process blameless and work gets done more quickly.

Testing yesterday I found cubieboard2 and eoma both draw power
from the RS232 debug line tx,rx,gnd wires and keep themselves
alive between reboots in ways that are totally unexpected.

At a first guess, this problem needs a 74hc08 or similar device
wired as buffer to prevent signals doing things
they are not supposed to do.