[Arm-netbook] AC to DC power adapter with multiple outputs

Benson Mitchell benson.mitchell+arm-netbook at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 06:32:52 BST 2013

On Sep 29, 2013 9:50 AM, "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" <dave at treblig.org> wrote:
> Have you tried a normal PC power supply; I think there is a way to fudge
> them to believe a motherboard is connected.
That's the ticket.

But there is one gotcha with this -- some PSUs won't operate or don't
operate well with no or very low load (they need like 1-5% of rated
current, minimum). So check the voltages with no load, if all seems well,
good! otherwise, throw a 12V light bulb on the output and that should make
it behave.

Benson