[Arm-netbook] AC to DC power adapter with multiple outputs

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Sun Sep 29 14:54:56 BST 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert <dave at treblig.org>wrote:

> * Arokux X (arokux at gmail.com) wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > >  get some parts off of farnell and a soldering iron.  one socket,
> > > several wires, many plugs.
> >
> > How about the power? Will those "some parts" be able to support 25W
> output?
> >
> > And additional requirement for the all-in-one power adapter showed up.
> > Some board require 5V, not 12. So I need several outputs with 12V and
> > several outputs with 5V.
>
> Have you tried a normal PC power supply; I think there is a way to fudge
> them to believe a motherboard is connected.
>
> Dave
> --

THis would actually be your best/cheapest solution on the interim. You
short Pin 14 to GND on the ATX Power Supply Connector. this allows it to
power on automatically. If you want to get more sophisticated, you can then
wire in a switch, or take some perfboard, order an ATX Female connector,
some DIP Molex Board connectors, and wire it up with any number of outputs.
It's how I've been powering my MEB, externally SATA HDD, and misc devices.

--
Christopher Thomas
Firemoth Industries, LLC - Owner
christopher at firemothindustries.com