[Arm-netbook] HDMI - CEC testing?

Ken Phillis Jr kphillisjr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:27:06 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Ken Phillis Jr <kphillisjr at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone is testing the HDMI CEC support on the A10
> Eoma68
> > ( or A20 EOMA-68 ) cards. It's not exactly hard to test, but it's still
> > somewhat important to verify that the functionality is working.
>
>  hmmmm.... didn't someone do an XBMC image for the mele1000?
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/xbmc/
>
>  hmmm, they tried, but they ran into libcedarx problems.
>
>  kenney: what gnu/linux applications can be used to do this testing?
> what *command-line* tools use libcec?
>
> l.

CEC tests should not be dependant on  libcedarx however, libcec includes a
test program that can at least verify basic functionality....

test client Source:
https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/blob/master/src/testclient/main.cpp

Sample script: ( uses the pulse eight cec adapter on usb)
https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/blob/master/support/cec-test-device.sh

NOTE: libCEC will need some modifications to work on other devices. If you
want a good example of this see what happened on the raspberry pi support.