[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 + SATA dock becomes accidental PC that boots in 20 seconds

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Fri Sep 20 22:50:09 BST 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Christopher
> <christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:
> >

> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:07 PM, "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> allrightallright!!  the issue is that we have to pay for batches of
> >> 1k+ units, we can't arse about buying 100 here or 100 there.  and we
> >> also need to coordinate with the MEB design and testing.
> >>
> >> right now the MEB is what's holding things up.
> >

> > In my defense, it's been Amphenol holding things up the last 2 weeks for
> the PCMCIA connector.
>
>  ok i spoke to diarmuid, the delay was... ok, i'll email you off-list,
> they're used to dealing with 10k+ runs, basically, and are puzzled by
> the small quantity (for the initial experimental first run of MEBs+CPU
> Cards).  also as it's such a small quantity, they have to send them to
> a distributor, who then has to send them to the people you want to
> order from, and *eventually* you'll get them.
>
>  ... we need to talk about this :)  but, off-list ok?

No need, I already spoke to Diarmuid on the phone. I know what the delay
was, and I'm in contact with the local distributor.  :)

> > The MEB schematics are done, only waiting on the connector finalization.
> I have all the parts on my desk for 3 MEBv2s, minus PCBs.
>
>  you've got at least one sample though, right?  joe didn't you order a
> few a while back?  if you're *really* stuck, chris i have one here
> (only one, mind!)

I have 3 samples, but I don't want to do a run of 1000s if the component is
more expensive than one I've already chosen, not to mention to have the PCB
be drawn for one component, and then redrawn for another because the first
was too expensive.

Anyway, more later.

> l.

Christopher Thomas