[Arm-netbook] Allwinner A10/A13 Video Decoder Reverse engineered

Ken Phillis Jr kphillisjr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:52:26 BST 2013

This is one of the methods, and there is another open source solutions for
OMX that has very similar features to what is seen in android...

Bellagio OpenMAX IL : http://omxil.sourceforge.net/
Bellagio OpenMAX IL Components:
http://sourceforge.net/p/omxil/components/ci/master/tree/

NOTE: Bellagio is known to work with XBMC, but some modifications to the
source is required to be able to make the encoders work.

Similarly...
Gstreamer OpenMAX support: http://freedesktop.org/wiki/GstOpenMAX/
gst-omx plugin: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-omx/
gst-openmax plugin ( deprecated):
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-openmax/

Also, it's important to note what is done with the Ubuntu support for Nexus
7...
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7