[Arm-netbook] [router] schematics started

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Wed Sep 18 02:53:47 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/router/
> http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=eoma.git;a=tree;f=pcb/router;
>
> aside from the main requirements (i need this for a customer, as a
> versatile routing and management board) it makes inordinate sense for
> this to be an extension of the MEB concept.
>
> talking to arokux yesterday i'm adding *two* MiniPCIe slots, one is
> for 3G and the other for WIFI cards.  not sure whether to make them
> both capable of taking SIMs... ehh, you can always get e.g. HE910s
> with a SIM holder attached, so i'll make sure the power circuits are
> up to the job of providing clean power.
>
> 9-pin RS232 is needed from the customer.  i'll add a MAX232 to
> isolate/protect the CPU Card.
>
> SATA comes from the MEB concept.  it's there, why not.
>
> 44-pin interface for RGB/TTL and I2C, again, why not.  might as well.
>
> 4 ports of 10/100 ethernet is completely excessive, but kinda fun.
> what the heck.
>
> thoughts appreciated.
>
> l.

It also seems like an extension of the Carrier Board Concept, minus the
STM32f, and added HUB IC.

That said, shouldn't the MAX232 be a MAX3232 for 3.3v - 5.5v, or does your
client intend to use "True" +/- 10v RS232? (Although, iirc, the MAX3232
would function almost the same, only more compatibility with other
interfaces?)

On the run, but I have some recommendations for the 3G/GSM/GPRS stuff, when
I get back.

--
Christopher Thomas
Firemoth Industries, LLC - Owner