[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 A20 alpha quality boot image done up

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sun Sep 15 01:42:04 BST 2013

EOMA-68 A20 alpha quality boot image done up:

http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html#boot_image

      uSD boot image done up  http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/linaro1_2gb_uSD_image.bin.xz
      The file uses xz compression and unzips into a 2GB image file that
      can be written to a 2GB or bigger micro SDCard, and then used to
      boot the EOMA.

      To write the 2GB file to uSD card, use the dd command.

      To get the EOMA to boot from micro SDCard, follow the instructions
      at http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/

      How the uSD card was built:

       - use the instructions from
        http://linux-sunxi.org/Bootable_SD_card#Rootfs

       - it points to http://releases.linaro.org/latest/ubuntu/raring-images/alip
      where the file linaro-raring-alip-20130826-474.tar.gz was
      downloaded, unzipped into a 2GB ext4 formatted card.

       - then the kernel that was supposedly compiled from
      instructions http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/
      was dropped into the boot directory as the file uImage.

         (Caveat: I still have not managed to get my compiler
      environment to work yet.)

       - the remaining parameters and set ups for boot.cmd
      script.fex were taken taken from various sources to try out
      different settings.

      The end result is that the configuration boots. Various logs
      collected from the eoma during boot and after boot are available
      here - http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/linaro_log.txt

      Sata is not working as far as I can tell.

      If sata is working  sudo lsmod  should produce a
      listing with sw_ahci_platform listed. At the moment lsmod
      produces no listing.

      Questions I can answer in a limited way
      Feedback greatly appreciated - especially getting LCD to work and Sata to work.