[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 MEBv1 Modification Pictures

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 01:40:59 BST 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to let everyone know that the remaining MEBv1s are shipping.
>> Here are some pictures that show what they look like "POST" Modification. I
>> inverted the SATA connector (this requires removing the guide pins and
>> flipping them, then taking a small blade and forcing the contact leads down
>> enough to have the bend invert on itself, then holding it down while you
>> solder), I removed R2, and attached a Jumper Wire from Pin 11 to Pin1 on the
>> Ethernet Connector.
>>
>> MEBv2 will not have these issues, and will also contain some additional
>> features.
>>
>> As soon as you receive your boards, please let me know if they arrived in
>> good condition. I received reports that two boards arrived damaged, even
>> after ample bubble wrap inside a box.
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/AyDlJq1.jpg
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/2EtcxvI.jpg
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/AuaVBr7.jpg
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Do you have by chance a working dd uSD image you could share for testing
>> sata?
>> The cubieboard2 a20 distro
>> http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/users/hramrach/cubieboard2-linux3.3-SD-card-image/
>> has their sata working, but try as I might, can't get it modified for eoma
>> to work the sata
>
>  joe: follow the instructions that i gave you.  the reason you haven't
> got SATA working is because you've not enabled the modules, or if you
> have enabled them you've either not copied them over or you've not
> loaded them.
>
>  i'll test a board here (i've found the SATA i desoldered) and repro
> the instructions i gave you, tomorrow.

 ok i said tomorrow: it's tomorrow.  hold up joe, i've just tested it:
the 3.4-cb2-dev kernel i downloaded works fine, but the
lkcl-3.3-a20-dev one (even though it's identical code copied over from
the 3.4-cb2-dev kernel) does *not* work - i'll investigate why.

 so don't spend any effort attempting to get it to work - it won't
until i've found out why or decided to try a different avenue.