[Arm-netbook] 480 × 272 5" LCD lash up ready for testing

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 10:16:53 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Arokux X <arokux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 2013-09-12 at 12:01 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>> > joe this is amazingly already in here:
>> > http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide#.5Blcd0_para.5D
>> >
>> > remember to run fex2bin script.fex script.bin after editing.
>> >
>> > ;RGB 480x272    module name: KD43G18-40NB-A11
>> > lcd_x                    = 480
>> > lcd_y                    = 272
>> > lcd_dclk_freq            = 9
>> > lcd_if                   = 0
>> > lcd_hbp                  = 2
>> > lcd_ht                   = 525
>> > lcd_vbp                  = 2
>> > lcd_vt                   = 572

>> Unbelievable - thank you Luke.
>>
>> Management was impressed with progress and now allow me 50% time
>> to work on this.
>>

> very cool!
>>
>> I order later today another SSD to install debian.
>> I wasn't about to distro flip just just to be able to compile,
>> so I decided to SSD flip instead !!!
>

> Please give sunxi-3.4 a shot, and tell us what should be fixed.

 the priority is to test the hardware.  whatever works that allows
that to happen, in the fastest possible time, is what will be used.
it's a different set of priorities, arokux.

 reach the goal in the fastest time possible, flow round problems and
get it done.  there's no driving force to stick to 3.4 for the sake of
sticking to 3.4, as part of achieving the immediate goal of testing
the hardware.

> Because
> (correct me Luke if I'm mistaken) if you now manage to get the allwinner
> crap working you will sooner or later want to use the sunxi-3.4, because of
> the community behind it with the know-how how to fix/improve things. So why
> not switch just now?

 it's a different rationale, arokux.  in achieving a specific goal
there is no loyalty to "switch" or "stick".  there is absolutely no
loyalty to the 3.3-dev code either.  in the space of just 2 weeks,
collectively we've tried cubieboard2-3.4-dev, sunxi-3.4,
cubieboard2-3.3-dev - the list goes on and on.

 each has their own flaws and between them it's been possible to get
the goal achieved: test and verify all hardware interfaces as working.

 quotes sticking quotes with a specific kernel release just for the
sake of it does not actually help achieve the goal: in fact it
massively hinders it.