[Arm-netbook] PengPod spam based on this list?

Neal Peacock neal at nic-stix.com
Thu Sep 12 15:29:17 BST 2013

Hey guys, I'm responsible for those emails.   I apologize, we ran an
email addresses crawler on our business email address to pick up all the
people that had inquired about our products.

Unfortunately since I'm subscribed to this list as lot of your emails
got picked up as well.  I think if you send something to the list and I
received it, my program thought you were emailing me directly and
therefore a potential customer.  I think thats why some people got it
and not others, not sure exactly how it all worked though.

It was a one time thing, so don't worry about getting a bunch of junk
from us.

On 09/12/2013 06:08 AM, Lauri Kasanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got an ad email for the PengPod indiegogo campaign. I've never been
> involved with them in any way, the closest is this ML.
>
> Has the subscriber list been given to them for advertising purposes? If
> not, perhaps they just crawled the archives...
>
> - Lauri

Neal Peacock
PengPod