[Arm-netbook] 480 × 272 5" LCD lash up ready for testing

Arokux X arokux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 15:19:26 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk>wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-09-12 at 12:01 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> > joe this is amazingly already in here:
> > http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide#.5Blcd0_para.5D
> >
> > remember to run fex2bin script.fex script.bin after editing.
> >
> > ;RGB 480x272    module name: KD43G18-40NB-A11
> > lcd_x                    = 480
> > lcd_y                    = 272
> > lcd_dclk_freq            = 9
> > lcd_if                   = 0
> > lcd_hbp                  = 2
> > lcd_ht                   = 525
> > lcd_vbp                  = 2
> > lcd_vt                   = 572
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > A 480 × 272 5" LCD which costs <$15 has been lashed up for testing:
> > >
> > > http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html#lcd_lashup
> > >
> > > The LCD is a KD43G18-40NB-A1.
> > > Aliexpress store sell these LCDs
> > > http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=KD43G18-40NB-A1
> > >
> > > Datasheet http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/KD43G18-40NB-A1-1.pdf
> > >
> > > Anyone got a time to do a time saving uSD image
> > > configured for 480 x 272 operation that I can try for
> > > a bit of quick verification :) ?
> > >

> Unbelievable - thank you Luke.
>
> Management was impressed with progress and now allow me 50% time
> to work on this.

very cool!

> I order later today another SSD to install debian.
> I wasn't about to distro flip just just to be able to compile,
> so I decided to SSD flip instead !!!

Please give sunxi-3.4 a shot, and tell us what should be fixed. Because
(correct me Luke if I'm mistaken) if you now manage to get the allwinner
crap working you will sooner or later want to use the sunxi-3.4, because of
the community behind it with the know-how how to fix/improve things. So why
not switch just now?

Arokux