[Arm-netbook] SATA - ATAS

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Tue Sep 10 14:10:48 BST 2013

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 10, 2013, at 5:02 AM, "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
>
>>> our prime focus has to be to put demo units in front of investors and
>>> clients.  that way we can get money coming in, that then turns into
>>> money for getting people boards, as well as funds for contracts to
>>> complete specific software work.
>>>
>>> l.
>>
>> This is clear, not that I do not want to buy it.
>
> ok - then if you put your name down on the preorders page i will be
> notifying people when there's a next batch planned:
>  http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/orders/
>
> we do however need to get RGB/TTL confirmed as working before
> proceeding with any volume.  also, unlike the last batch which had
> hand-soldered components, future units will be *entirely* automated

As soon as I get the PCB, I can test it, the components are sitting on my desk.

> for the MEB, contact christopher: i _believe_ he's still doing the
> MEBs at "cost", last time i heard he was up to 12 units which is
> almost worthwhile to do another run.

Unfortunately I can't do them "at-cost" again (I actually built them BELOW cost for the first run), for reasons I will explain in the next email, they will still be very affordable, but completely SMD, as it's much easier to machine and hand assemble (for me) that way. And we're up to 13 people. I still have a few MEBv1s to build/modify because of the SATA connector mirroring issue (the current pending recipients do not have the capability to desolder the components, but as everyone was informed, there is no warranty, and everyone has been very kind and patient during this testing process). This time around I'm building the prototypes first and testing them fully before taking people's money for orders.

> chris is doing a minor redesign of the MEB, not a big job, mostly
> corrections.  chris are you planning to put a 5V (2A?) regulator IC on
> as well?

Yes, 7805 or some variant configuration ( BD676 maybe?), although I'd be concerned about someone putting a 12vdc power source at 2a consumption, 14watts of power dissipation requirements would be a lot for a small board . And there's another "major" design change actually, but functionally, it will be the same. More info to follow soon.