[Arm-netbook] SATA - ATAS

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 12:06:35 BST 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 11:17 +0100, Philip Hands wrote:

> Joe, Would this have worked better for you?
>
>    git clone http://git.hands.com/linux.git linux-from-git.hands.com
>    cd linux-from-git.hands.com
>    git checkout -b lkcl-3.3-a20
>    make -j3 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- KDIR="$PWD" -C arch/arm/mach-sun7i/pm/standby all
>    make -j3 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- uImage modules
>
> Just so you follow what I've changed, first I've given the clone an
> extra parameter, which names the new directory explicitly, rather than
> just using the 'linux' bit of the URL, and secondly I'm using $PWD,
> which contains the current directory, rather than leaving whatever my
> directory might be called in the cut&paste -- obviously, that only works
> if you've cd-ed to the right directory, but then again, it's not really
> going to work if you don't.

Thank you Phil, that is much more script friendly and less human
intervention.
Hope to make a complete script out of it soon enough.
I am running commands on the netbook now - will know in a while.

The build environment is Ubuntu 12.04.3 and it works 100% with
linux-sunxi for Cubieboard2 A20 CPU. Results for trying to compile
http://git.hands.com/linux.git cloned yesterday are here:

http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/compile_error1.txt