[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 lcd panel boards

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 09:00:58 BST 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:52 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>wrote:

> or this. B116XW03 V0
>
> http://www.avidia.com.tw/docs/product/B116XW03%20V.0.pdf
>

> search on taobao shows loooads at around RMB200
>
> http://search.taobao.com/search?q=b116xw03&from=rs&navlog=rs-2-q-b116xw03&rels_k=0&initiative_id=staobaoz_20121208
>
> panelook has people with large quantities for sale (a good sign):
> http://www.panelook.com/B116XW03%20V0_AUO_11.6_LCM_overview_376.html
>
> viewing angle isn't great (but for $33 and a 1366x768 11in size who cares!)
>
> VDD 3.3V, logic power 0.8W same as the other one
>
> backlight power supply 2.0W @ 12.0V wtf??  how come the other one's so
> much higher???
>
> 18-bit RGB over LVDS on 3 channels 0 1 2 plus CLKIN makes 4 LVDS pairs..
>
> 40-pin connector, IPEX 20353-040T-11
>
> all looks good.
>
> ... you see how radically different those two are for connectors, joe?
>  same spec on paper (pretty much) - one's a 30-pin the other's 40.
>
> parameters on page 20 are what you shove into script.fex (pretty much).
>
> btw sometimes you can get away with a much lower clock frequency than
> reported, this reduces the frame rate, some panels go as low as 40hz
> but it's not widely advertised and generally bad to assume that trick
> will work across all panels.
>
> l.

I looked panelook. com site for 2.4 inch lcd that we need. After checking
most of models we like, seems to me that information in this site are not
up to date (at least in segment we look for). Namely, I compared "in
production" models to original web sites (from producers) models and did
not find one single model that correspond. Anaway, be careful and double
check with producers.