[Arm-netbook] [EOMA68-A20] SATA testing

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 20:52:11 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Christopher Thomas
<christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> ah ha!  one of the RX lines was shorted to GND...
>>

> At the SATA connector?

 yes.

> Did you replace the capacitors on the MEB

 no, i installed some.  and i just realised that if 1mm == 7ps and the
spec says the tolerances are 30ps then just... randomly putting a
capacitor on isn't gonna cut it!!

> or EOMA card?

 yes

> I've tried both cards, 1st card, I soldered 0603 .1uf Capacitors in place of
> the 103pf 0402s, with a bare MEB, and I did not connect anything except the
> SATA to the board, but had no dice. On the 2nd card, shorted the 0402 pads
> and soldered the capacitors to the MEB, same results. But, I've got a new
> kernel compiled that I want to try if I can get some time.

 ok.  can you try powering with 5.0V by shorting out D1 _and_ R1?

 then do 'echo 0 0 0 > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan' because that
does a hard-reset at the controller level, and watch what
/var/log/kern.log says

 also remove the SATA cable see if anything pops up.