[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 14:37:51 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 08:41 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> ethaddr.  henrik typed the command from memory.  setenv ethaddr.
>

> > Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0       (pressed a key to stop the count down here)
> > sun7i#
> > sun7i# setenv macaddr 00:00:00:00:00:01
> > sun7i# setenv ipaddr 172.16.1.25
> > sun7i# setenv netmask 255.255.255.128
> > sun7i# ping 172.16.1.1
> > ENET Speed is 100 Mbps - FULL duplex connection
> > *** ERROR: `ethaddr' not set
> > ping failed; host 172.16.1.1 is not alive
> > sun7i#

Checked uboot documentation and their notes agrees with suggestion.
I do it this evening.

I had meeting yesterday and mention progress of EOMA.
The company still very interested in seeing EOMA succeed
but prefer I stick to distance and dabbling because of other pending
stuff.

What about LCD? Do you have specific models?
I can get 2 pieces ordered in anticipation.

The VGA I will send a couple of bare boards to Chris
when they arrive because he can get them soldered faster
than I can.

How is the LCD to interface to be implemented for the first trial
devices - RGB parallel or LVDS? If LVDS do you need another board built
that takes RGB and converts to LVDS using a chip like the THC63LVD823B
from Thine?