[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 23:11:04 BST 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> Actually Mr Luke, you have a bug in your documentation.

 joe: please - *the* documentation.  it is not my personal property:
words and information, despite what copyright law dictates, cannot be
enslaved or owned.  aside from the guidelines about "egoless
programming" it generally makes me extremely uncomfortable to hear
people refer to "your project" or "your code" or "your documentation".

 the main reason for that is that the next step on from that can often
be the insertion of a derogatory adjective in between the two words of
each of the three example phrases above.  as such i get red alarm
bells going off whenever i see personal pronouns referring to software
or its documentation.

 would it be ok with you to use the phrase "the documentation"?