[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 14:12:23 BST 2013

> also, joe, you really should get used to the idea of building this
> software and being independent: you're going to need to go beyond
> what's "provided".

No problem. The real trouble is that I'm tasked on other stuff.

> so - could you please follow the build instructions for u-boot and the
> sunxi-tools, and we go from there ok?

Uboot now cross compiles on ubuntu 12.04.3:

  sudo apt-get install gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabihf
  cd /usr/bin
  sudo ln -s arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.4 arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
  cd ~
  git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi.git
  cd u-boot-sunxi
  make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- EOMA68_A20_FEL
  cd..

sunxi-tools don't work at the moment:

gcc -g -O0 -Wall -Wextra -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -Iinclude/
`pkg-config --cflags libusb-1.0`  -o fel fel.c  `pkg-config --libs
libusb-1.0`
Package libusb-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libusb-1.0.pc'
No package 'libusb-1.0' found
Package libusb-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libusb-1.0.pc'
No package 'libusb-1.0' found
fel.c:21:20: fatal error: libusb.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [fel] Error 1