[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

Christopher christopher at firemothindustries.com
Wed Sep 4 12:18:35 BST 2013

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2013, at 5:18 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 20:20 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>> right.  we really need to know how many other sample units have
>> working ethernet.  who else has a MEB and a CPU Card that is in a
>> position to try this out?
>
> If you can upload uSD image somewhere, I got 2 EOMAs to try out.

I know it's not ideal, but its a heck of a lot faster than debugging compile issues. (I'm running into similar problems as you. ) If you want to quickly test Ethernet, you can download the cubieboard a20 ubn image and use Phoenix suite to "burn" it to the NAND. It will install Linaro with a perfectly functional X desktop and eth and ahci enabled, needs the eoma68 uboot and fex changed to properly enable mmc and sata. If I can get u-boot to flipping build correctly, I could finally test SATA.

Speaking of, correct me if I am misunderstanding something, but looking at eoma68_a20_config, under SCSI Transports, CONFIG_ATA is disabled. Shouldn't it be enabled? As well as a few more features?

Anyway, going back to bed.