[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Boots Android and plays youtube videos very well

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Mon Sep 2 21:42:20 BST 2013

Got my new SSD netbook operational - no luck across 3 different internets:

>  git clone http://git.hands.com/linux.git
>  Cloning into 'linux'...
>  warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> That message comes up about half hour later.
> I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.3.
>
> I also note a Linux directory has been created which has one single hidden
> .git directory
> that contains 1.6GB of data.
>
> I just reinstalled a fresh Debian installation on my IBM ThinkPad T61, the
very first repo that I'm trying to clone is hands.com/linux.git, and so far
no error, but it's been 20 minutes and hasn't passed beyond "Cloning into
'linux'..."

I did have a problem cloning it before on my Debian VM, but I think it
worked fine on my installation of Lubuntu,  Eitherway, I'll let you know.