[Arm-netbook] My little idea...

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 19:47:00 BST 2013

Here, have a scan, guys! --> http://i.imgur.com/f2lbm3R.jpg

There's the VGA interface. Any tweaks you want to add, add.

By the way, I saw on the rhombus-tech site that there'll be possibly an
x86 CPU Card -- I'm looking forward to that.

I'm a devout Puppy Linux fanatic and there isn't much in ARM territory
with that distro. There's a version for the RasPi that works if your
software skills are good and you have strong enough convictions, and
someone's devving a version for A10 based stuff but it's in Alpha... my
software skills suck (and that's on a good day!).

"make" doesn't build applications for me, it builds error messages and
noisy fireworks that are showy but unproductive. Sometimes it'll
actually give me a broken application. I consider myself pretty lucky at
that point. Once in a while tho it goes off the deep end and tries to
put together a magic chocolate factory or some crap like that... it
usually doesn't get very far... usually I get that only when I have to
use both "make" and "configure" or something like that.

I'm happiest with the x86 stuff -- watt-hog that it is, relative to ARM,
it "just works", you know? I can just tack on LibreOffice or Wine or
Chrome or whatever and it works as long as I'm not trying to exceed the
capabilities of the distro or something equally stupid.